IMPORTANT: This recipe is just a base, you can use any kind of veggies and spices that you love 🙂
**PLEASE use ORGANIC or LOCAL vegetables ONLY**
Prep Time: 10 minutes · Cook Time: 8 to 10 hours
**Ingredients Makes about 4 to 6 quarts**
- 6 unpeeled carrots, cut into thirds
- 1 unpeeled yellow onions, cut into chunks
- 1 leek, white and green parts, cut into thirds
- 1 bunch celery, including the heart, cut into thirds
- 2 unpeeled Japanese or regular sweet potatoes, quartered
- 1 unpeeled garnet yam, quartered
- 10 unpeeled cloves garlic, halved
- 6 to 8 strip of kombu, or nori, or dulce (seaweed)
- 12 black peppercorns, 4 whole allspice or juniper berries, 2 bay leaves, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon of oregano, 1 teaspoon of sage, 2 teaspoons of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of nettle leaf, 1 teaspoon of calendula, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne if you like it spicy!
- I cup of Medicinal Mushroom (Reishi, Shiitake, Maitake.. fresh or dry)
- Filter Water
Rinse all the vegetables well, including the kombu. In a 12-quart or larger stockpot, combine all the ingredients together. Fill the pot with the water to 2 inches below the rim, cover, and bring to a boil.
Remove the lid, decrease the heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, for at least 8 to 10 hours. As the broth simmers, some of the water will evaporate; add more if the vegetables begin to peek out. Simmer until the full richness of the vegetables can be tasted. You can also use a slow cooker if you have to leave during the cooking time!
Strain the broth through a large, coarse-mesh sieve (remember to use a heat-resistant container underneath), then add salt to taste.
Let cool to room temperature before refrigerating or freezing and voilà, you just get yourself one of the best healing food on the planet!
- Drink it just like that
- Cook your rice or quinoa in it
- Give some to your friends and family
- Make an amazing homemade soup
Enjoy is anti-inflammatory properties and get your minerals in…